Ninja Tune - Artist Series Soundpacks
These Conditions of Use set out the conditions upon which you may use the Launchpad for iOS app (the “App”). The document also sets out conditions regarding use of original copyrighted music content included with the App ("Content"). "Launchpad Sharing" means the use of the Share options in Launchpad for iOS to share Launchpad Recordings derived from the Content.
Please read these Conditions carefully before you start to use the Share options of Launchpad for iOS. The Share options process includes both a summary of and a link to these detailed Conditions. By pressing any of the Share Options buttons within the App, you accept these Conditions and agree to abide by them.
We may, at our discretion, make changes to these Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted on this page. In some instances, we may send an email to registered users notifying them of a change to the Conditions. You should, however, check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes. If you do not agree to these Conditions, or you find any change to these Conditions unacceptable, please refrain from using the Share options to access Launchpad Sharing. If you continue to use the Share options, including after a new set of Conditions has been posted, you will be deemed to have agreed to these conditions and accepted any changes to them.
Launchpad for iOS, Content, Soundpacks, and Launchpad Recordings
1. The App Launchpad for iOS is a music-based software application made by Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. The App is designed for digital devices such as the Apple iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch. Launchpad for iOS includes music termed Content for use within the app using a format called “Artist Soundpacks”. Each Artist Soundpack contains original compositions, ie copyright music licenced from copyright holders. Artsit Soundpacks may be purchased by users for use within the app using the 'In App Purchase' scheme via Apple's App Store system. Artsit Soundpacks may also be made available to users for free under certain circumstances, however the same terms apply to free Artsit Soundpacks as purchased Artist Soundpacks.
2. Launchpad for iOS allows the user to play interactively with the Content in Artist Soundpacks. Content is made available solely for users to play interactively with, within the app.
3. Notwithstanding 2. , Content may be played interactively with by the user within the App, and the results may be recorded using the in-app Recording option, to produce a recording termed a "Launchpad Recording". Any other method of extracting and /or using Content other than using Launchpad Recordings is against the terms of the Conditions.
4. "Launchpad Sharing" means the use of the Share options in Launchpad for iOS to share Content in the form of Launchpad Recordings. The Share options are:
• Upload directly to SoundCloud. Links may be generated to the uploaded Launchpad Recordings and then these links distributed so that others can listen to the Launchpad Recordings.
• Upload directly to Facebook. Links may be generated to the uploaded Launchpad Recordings and then these links distributed so that others can listen to the Launchpad Recordings.
• Upload directly to Youtube. Links may be generated to the uploaded Launchpad Recordings and then these links distributed so that others can listen to the Launchpad Recordings.
• Share by Email attachment
• Share by Audiocopy/Share app
• Share by Open In another app
• Share by Dropbox
Distribution and dissemination of Launchpad Recordings may only be done by the above Launchpad Sharing options. Further editing of Launchpad Recordings using the Audiocopy/Share and Open In options by the user who makes the Launchpad Recordings is permitted.
5. By pressing any of the above listed Share Option buttons within the app to activate the Share Options, the user accepts these Conditions and agree to abide by them.
6. It is accepted by the user that all such Launchpad Recordings are fully derived from the copyrighted musical works which comprise the Content. Hence the copyrights in the Launchpad Recordings are identical with those in the Content they are derived from, and so are protected by the same copyright as the Content.
7. Public downloading of Launchpad Recordings is not permitted as this would be making unauthorised further copies of the Content. Hence users should not enable public downloading of Launchpad Recordings from SoundCloud or any other sites.
8. Users may make "Private Launchpad Downloads" of Launchpad Recordings but may not redistribute or copy any part of these Private Launchpad Downloads to others.
9. Private Launchpad Downloads are the same as Launchpad Recordings i.e. are fully derived from copyrighted musical works which comprise the Content, and so are protected by the same copyright as the Content.
10. It is not permitted for users to copy App Content either via Private Launchpad Downloads, Launchpad Recordings or via any other access method and then use the Content in other ways.
Thank you for your agreement to and understanding of these Conditions which are designed to protect the artists and labels so we can continue bringing you great music and software.